Sunday, July 26, 2009

How Do I Set My Honeywell Radiator Thermostat




While rain is often associated with sadness, rainy days for me have always been most welcome. I find no better feeling than to remain standing under the eaves of a house looking like thousands of drops are crashing in the middle of the street. And after last rain there's nothing more peaceful than walking under a clean air and surrounded by the smell of damp earth. Today, after months of drought, the rain has come to my city, I was surprised because usually just beginning to rain between September and August. I remember when I arrived in Cochabamba, about 17 years ago or so (uh, how old I am!), The city was a little wild, there was still many rivers and lakes in the colonial era, one could easily find its garden frogs, snails, dragonflies and even small snakes. The rains were so perfect, not like now that if there is a miserable rain that wets your neck or is a storm that ends up flooding the streets. In those days it rained enough to make their breeding frogs and tadpoles for the beetles leave the ground to fly over the grass.

Today, the city is already fully developed, the only wildlife to be found are the rats that come out at night to sniff for landfills. Even so, the rain has not ceased to be beautiful. Rain somehow manages to show the true face of a city, loud and intense tones are replaced by gray and quiet, the streets are stripped of people and find exactly what they are. It would seem that everything was renovated to change. I think that is the true essence of the transformation rain. One example is the use to which it has been in the cinema. Are such as Almodovar's films in which the rain is a catalyst for the characters to move from a state to another, as when the son of Manuela in "All About My Mother" is hit or when Alice in "Talk to Her" is in a coma. In "The Shawshank Redemption" serves as a purifying rain when Andy Dufresne escapes from prison by a filthy sewer to freedom. Another example is "Rashomon" where rainfall embodies the cruelty of the world surrounding the characters as they discuss the murder of a man. And finally we have "Magnolia" in the end there is a rain of frogs as a synonym of punishment and redemption of the characters and the implausibility of his actions.

Everything shows that the rain is one of the strangest phenomena there. I have always believed that a wet year will be a year of many changes. And in the end it's always good to change. In closing I leave the scene of a film which shows my adoration for rain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment